21 February 2006

The winter Olympics

It's sad that the winter Olympics doesn't get any respect (to channel Rodney Dangerfield), but seriously people...Curling? I understand that it is a traditional Scandinavian sport, but should it really be an actual competitive sport? Isn't it just like ice hockey but slower?

Also, ICE DANCING!!!!???!!!
I watched a few minutes of ice dancing as a friend and I were waiting for Grey's Anatomy to begin and I just don't understand how it figures into Olympic Sports. Granted the competitors were very fit, but the dancing was just that dancing. It would be like having ballroom dancing as a competitive sport for the summer Olympics. I love figure skating and I think that they are some of the most talented and gifted individuals I have ever seen.
To those of you who prefer Ice dancing to Ice skating I apologize for this rant, but I'll take a triple Lutz over a hot pink number danced to besa me mucho any day.

I still cringe when I think about our extreme snowboarding loss...sigh

sam

No comments: