26 August 2007

Wal-mart

I was the only shopper at walmart today. Yes I'm serious. It was surreal. It was also 4.30 in the morning, so it felt like just me and the dedicated employees of the 24 hour mega mart. They're not very friendly first thing in the morning.

Also, I've fallen into the cultural black hole that is "Desperate Housewives". I tried to hold off for as long as I could. I remember being appalled when I first learned about the show. The title sounded so vulgar and crass; so Soapy. I avoided it at every turn. Then I heard that one of my favorite actors, Nathan Fillion, was going to be a regular on the show next season. So I tuned in tonight and was surprised. It was funny, it was layered, it was weird, and maybe just maybe there is something to all the hype. I mean I gave Gray's Anatomy a chance didn't I. Currently I'm watching season 3 online. (Don't judge)

Going back to the thesis.

1 comment:

OM said...

Hey Dr. Wannabe.. I like your blogs and Yeah I totally relate to this surreal moment (http://omblogs.blogspot.com/2006/04/all-lonely-people.html)

And I love how your blog starts with walmart and ends in Desperate housewives :-)