09 April 2006

Danse a Bougival


I love art. I love artistic people. I love impressionists. I love Renoir's work. I love Danse a Bougival.

I think I have loved this painting since I first saw it in a Trade magazine in the 8th grade. He has two other paintings with couples dancing, but they don't hold the same mesmerizing power that this one does. This one seems just so full of life and light.

I cannot say exactly why I like this painting. There is more to this than just the life and light. I don't know why this painting gives me such joy. It just does. I may appreciate art, but I guess I cannot verbalize what in a painting grabs me.

I smile each time I see this and am currently looking for a good quality affordable print.

Maybe it's the orange beard...or maybe the red bonnet...or ...I don't know....

No comments: