11 April 2006

Family is Awesome!

So today had been going great! Actually it still is great save for one hiccup earlier today. After leaving work I headed to UCO to take an exam. All was well up until I parked my car and turned off the engine.

I usually put my keys directly into my purse or keep them in hand until I get out of the car. I don't lock the door until I check that I have my keys and my cell phone. I don't know what got into me today, but when I took my keys out of the engine, I put them on the seat next to me! I didn't realize what I had done until I had locked the doors and slammed them shut.

I had popped the trunk so I had access to my books, and access to the backs of the seats. I had the the great IDEA that I could get into my car through the trunk so what did I do? I climbed into the trunk to get it open. Of course it didn't work and what happened instead was that I suddenly realized that if a gust of wind (it was very windy today) happened to close my trunk I would be stuck in the trunk of my car. So what did I do? I got out and then proceeded to lean into the trunk my legs sticking out while my torso was wedged under the back hood thingy..so why was I not worried that a gust of wind would force the trunk closed and chop me in half you might ask. I don't know.

Well nothing came of that so I then did what I dreaded. I called my mother and told her what happened. Thankfully there was no screaming or yelling...I don't know why I expect that. I haven't been yelled at in ages. ( I probably just jinxed myself.) Well, my mother directed me to my beautiful Mei Mei who proceeded to save my hide. I didn't know it at the time ...I was taking a test, but my baby sister went home and found the spare key to my car. When I got out of the test (which in itself was weird) I called her. She was on her way. Forty-five minutes later there she was saving me from myself and a locksmith fee. What did she want in return you might ask? Not a thing. She hadn't eaten so I took her to the StuU and she ate cafeteria fastfood.

That was it. I know she won't hold this over my head or bring it up in the future. You only get this from family and those friend you have chosen to be family.

I feel so blessed.
sam

1 comment:

rev. billy bob gisher ©2008 said...

i posted a link to your site then, whoa it like changed. whip by and comment when you get static, and or happy with your name, url, etc, and i will be happy to link again.