08 April 2006

The world forgetting by the world forgot

So I just finished watching Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and I was floored. It's late and I'm tired, but I cannot believe how I loved this story. Jim Carey is such a versitile actor. This is very stream of consiousness, but stay with me. The cinematography just captured me, as did the directing itself. It was as though I was the one dreaming with all of the strange settings...it was one of those ...hey this doesn't go here...why am I in my pj's at the Doctor's office kind of thing.
The emotions...oye...so well played...its a good movie when the actors don't look like they are acting, and in this movie it was as if I were looking into someones memories as they were being earased...isn't that what they wanted? Well mission accomplished.

I felt pulled out of the movie only two times. Once when Joel first went to Clementine's apartment and the Indian music was on, and that was only because the songs were some oldies sung by my favorite singers, so my brain was trying to work on Urdu and English at the same time. The other time I was pulled out of the movie was when Kirsten Dunst came on screen the first time, only because I don't think she can act and she reminds me of a volunteer at HFF that I always felt uncomfortable around.

So that is my take on ESOTSM...I highly recommend it.
Going to sleep now...

1 comment:

Marlen said...

hi! first of all, congratulations for the space, i think that everybody looks jim carrey only like a comedian actor, but in the truman show and ESOTSM he has consagrated like dramatic actor too. i´m for buenos aires, i´ll visiting your space
beybey
kiss
salu