24 June 2006

Got this as an e-mail...

and thought to post it rather than e-mail it to everyone I know.


As you might know, the head of a company survived
9/11 because his son started kindergarten.


Another fellow was alive because it was
his turn to bring donuts.


One woman was late because her
alarm clock didn't go off in time.


One was late because of being stuck on the NJ Turnpike
because of an auto accident.


One of them
missed his bus.


One spilled food on her clothes and had to take
time to change.


One's
car wouldn't start.


One went back to
answer the telephone.


One had a
child that dawdled
and didn't get ready as soon as he should have.


One couldn't
get a taxi.


The one that struck me was the man
who put on a new pair of shoes that morning,
took the various means to get to work
but before he got there, he developed
a blister on his foot.
He stopped at a drugstore ! to buy a Band-Aid.
That is why he is alive today.

Now when I am
stuck in traffic,
miss an elevator,
turn back to answer a ringing telephone...
all the little things that annoy me.
I think to myself,
this is exactly where
God wants me to be
at this very moment..
Next time your morning seems to be
going wrong,
the children are slow getting dressed,
you can't seem to find the car keys,
you hit every traffic light,
don't get mad or frustrated;
God is at work watching over you.

May God continue to bless you
with all those annoying little things
and may you remember their possible purpose.
Pass this on to someone else, if you'd like.
There is NO LUCK attached.
If you delete this, it's okay:
God's Love Is Not Dependent On
E-Mail !!
(that's the cool part)AMEN
I get a lot of these and rarely post them or forward them, but this caught my attention.

I sometimes have the same thought that even though I didn't plan on ending up where I am today it probably means something and that it is the best place for me to be right now.

I won't give up the good fight. I know in my heart what I really want and I'll achieve that goal. Who'll stick it out with me?

4 comments:

teachndoc said...

Thanks David,
It's heartening to know that some stochastic person in the webverse who just happened to come across my blog will stick by me.

If I may ask? Why do you think that I'm cut out to go into medicine. Surely my multiple posts about television, models in Milan, and Dubai ports could not lead you to conclude that I would be a good medic.

I don't mean to seem harsh, but I know not of any other way to ask.

teachndoc said...

David,
Do you know me? What if I told you that I have tried and failed so many times that if i continued it would be wishful thinking on my part? Or maybe its not the trying that hold me back, may be its something else entirely.

You would make a great writer for those motivational posters, but, alas, one needs more than just "strong philanthropic intention plus commitment" to get anything done.

Thanks again for the nice thoughts. I haven't given up, even though those closest to me think I have (that may be because I let them think that rather than answer a lot of ulcer inducing questions).

cheers!

teachndoc said...

David,
How can my success be your success unless you benefit from my becoming a doctor? Do I know you?
Probably not, even though some of the things you say sound like ideas I had a long, long time ago.

The MCAT? Not really my problem. It's a mere standardized test. Other things factor in. Besides what sort of exam prep are you talking about? Have you taken the MCAT?

teachndoc said...

What a fabulous dream. You are correct that we share that dream. You say that there are thousands out there. Where are they?

Okay. Fine. They are out there, but they do not have the funding to do what they must to save lives. We'll go out and may be we'll do the impossible, but we can't be so naive as to think that just our hopes and good wishes will get us to our dreams. We need capital. We'll get capital, but we'll need good old-fashioned know how and buckets full of diplomacy.
Now, how do we go about getting that?
I think people like us can make a difference, but we may not see the fruits of our labor in our lifetimes. It'll be very difficult and we have to go into it prepared with our eyes wide open. I haven't given up. I thought I had when I realized the enormity of the problem, but I can't give up on what I believe in.

So you ask what's keeping me from applying to medical school? I didn't know at the time. I just figured it out myself. I fully admit that I had misplaced my courage and focus.

I found my focus and courage. Now I'm building them back. It sounds strange, but with a person like me...well let's just say that any form of rejection or mediocrity is a completely foreign concept.

So what makes you seem like such a success in the eyes of your friends and family? What do you do?