29 June 2006

Shukar Al-Hamdullillah

I finally got my car back. By the grace of God it wasn't too damaged. My pocket book is lighter, but because I have wonderful parents who offered to pay half it's not so much lighter. It was indeed the radiator, but what can you expect from an eleven yo car.

I've been mulling over some things for the last few days. I'm delighted that Warren Buffett has decided to give a large chunk of his fortune to charity to fund education and public health. My two main causes (equality and empowerment for women is also one, but I believe that if you give women education and good health the rest will come naturally). So it makes me smile.

And....(edited to add: Yes it is a huge rumor!)
Y'all also know that I'm a huge Joss Whedon fan and have been eagerly awaiting news on his Wonder Woman script and casting. In addition to being a Joss fan I also love Bollywood films (That's Indian film musicals for those of you who don't know what bollywood is. Do a google search to find out more. I'm sure there's a wiki somewhere.) So imagine my surprise when I found this.
I understand that it could just be a huge rumor. In fact it probably is. When I first saw it I was against it, because the girl's beautiful and all, but can she act to the satisfaction of the Whedonverse? Then my bollywood fangirl jumped up and started squeeing 'cuz a desi Priyanka Chopra in a Hollywood film!

Enough of this I better get back to studying.

2 comments:

teachndoc said...

So is it like forcasting? Making sure that something is a sound risk? Do established businesses who want to venture into new territory ask for a business plan or is it new businesses?

How do you estimate such things? Is it all statistics?

teachndoc said...

truth be told? I'm actually applying this year. I can't give up on my dream, now can I? No matter how unrealistic it may seem.